This is the hub for the San Juan Islands branch of the “WA Elsewhere” NaNoWriMo Region.
If you live in the SJIs and plan to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, please have a look at the following prep check-list:
- Sign up to participate in National Novel Writing Month: head over to NaNoWriMo.org, log in or create a new account, and make sure you’ve added yourself to the “WA Elsewhere” region.
- Add me (your local Municipal Liaison) as a writing buddy: emenozzi.
- Add the SJI NaNoWriMo Event calendar (Google Calendar, below) to your own calendar so you don’t miss any info about in-person or virtual write-ins.
- Check out the local write-in information below so you know when and where we’ll be writing this November.
- Orcas Island Library — Nov 1st 3-5pm, then weekly on Wednesday 3-5pm
- Orcas Food Co-op in the commons area upstairs — weekly on Sundays 1-3pm
- Inter-island ferry — Join me to write on the ferry to Friday Harbor write-ins on Saturdays in November: Orcas to San Juan departing 10:35am and San Juan to Orcas departing 2:20pm
- Friday Harbor — Saturdays 11:30am to 2pm, location TBD
- Come to our kick-off party on Sunday 28 October, 1pm at the Orcas Food Co-op in the commons area upstairs! We’ll eat snacks, meet other writers, and I’ll answer any questions about how this whole thing works. I also have fun word count trackers and participation stickers to hand out!
- Save the date for our TGIO party where we celebrate our accomplishments! December 1 in Friday Harbor (location TBD) and December 2 at the Orcas Food Co-op!
- Check out the NaNoWriMo YouTube channel for helpful videos on novel prep that will get you organized and excited for November.
- Check out my Google Drive folder of NaNoWriMo resources, including:
- Reverse word count tracker
- NaNo prep presentations and articles
- Beat sheet word count calculators
- If you found any of this helpful and/or you would like to help support National Novel Writing Month, please contribute a few dollars to my NaNoWriMo fundraiser page.
If you have ideas or suggestions for where you’d like to gather for write-ins this year, please send me an email at menozzie at gmail dot com.