This is the hub for the San Juan Islands NaNoWriMo Region.
If you live in the SJIs and plan to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, please have a look at the following prep check-list:
- Sign up to participate in National Novel Writing Month: head over to NaNoWriMo.org, log in or create a new account, and make sure you’ve added yourself to the “San Juan Islands” region.
- Add me (your local Municipal Liaison) as a writing buddy: emenozzi.
- Add the SJI NaNoWriMo Event calendar (Google Calendar, below) to your own calendar so you don’t miss any info about in-person or virtual write-ins.
- Check out the local write-in information below so you know when and where we’ll be writing this November.
- Orcas Food Co-op — Official Come Write-In location with weekly write-in on Sundays from 1-3pm
- Inter-island ferry — Weekly write-in on Friday 11/1, Saturday 11/8, Thursdays 11/14 and 11/21, and Saturday 11/30
- Friday Harbor — Weekly in conjunction with inter-island write-in (except no write-in on 11/8)
- Lopes Island Library — Official Come Write-In location
- Orcas Island Library — TBD
- Barnacle Bar — TBD
- Come to our kick-off party on 27 October at 10:30 am at the Orcas Food Co-Op to meet other participating writers and get some swag! I’ll answer any questions about how this whole thing works.
- Save the date for our TGIO party in December (check back here or on our calendar for date, time, and location) when we celebrate our accomplishments!
- Check out the NaNoWriMo YouTube channel for helpful videos on novel prep that will get you organized and excited for November.
- Check out my Google Drive folder of NaNoWriMo resources, including:
- Reverse word count tracker
- NaNo prep presentations and articles
- Beat sheet word count calculators
- If you found any of this helpful, please let me know!
If you have ideas or suggestions for where you’d like to gather for write-ins this year, please send me an email at menozzie at gmail dot com.