This is the hub for the San Juan Islands branch of the “WA Elsewhere” NaNoWriMo Region.
If you live in the SJIs and plan to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, please have a look at the following prep check-list:
- Sign up to participate in National Novel Writing Month: head over to NaNoWriMo.org, log in or create a new account, and make sure you’ve added yourself to the “WA Elsewhere” region.
- Add me (your local Municipal Liaison) as a writing buddy: emenozzi.
- Add the SJI NaNoWriMo Event calendar (Google Calendar, below) to your own calendar so you don’t miss any info about in-person or virtual write-ins.
- Check out the local write-in information below so you know when and where we’ll be writing this November.
- Inter-island ferry (date/time TBD)
- Orcas Food Co-op in the commons area upstairs (date/time TBD)
- San Juan (location/date/time TBD)
- Come to our kick-off party (location and date coming soon) to eat snacks, meet other writers, and ask questions about how this whole thing works.
- Save the date for our TGIO party (location and date coming soon) where we celebrate our accomplishments.
- Check out the NaNoWriMo YouTube channel for helpful videos on novel prep that will get you organized and excited for November.
- Check out my Google Drive folder of NaNoWriMo resources, including:
- Reverse word count tracker
- NaNo prep presentations and articles
- Beat sheet word count calculators
- If you found any of this helpful and/or you would like to help support National Novel Writing Month, please contribute a few dollars to my NaNoWriMo fundraiser page.
If you have ideas or suggestions for where you’d like to gather for write-ins this year, please send me an email at menozzie at gmail dot com.