I’ve been really busy with work this week and I’ve barely had any free time. Then I was competing at the Pacific Masters short-course yards championship swim meet on Saturday and Sunday. So, I’ve had to squeeze in my reading around the edges, and just managed to do enough to get some recharge time so I’m not biting people’s heads off… Still, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t enough. 🙂
Inbox (books acquired)
- X-Men Volume 2: Muertas by Brian Wood, Terry Dodson, Kris Anka (paperback) — I didn’t actually mean to buy this yet, but it happened to be in my cart when I was buying something else from Amazon, so… I guess I’ll be reading this next volume of the all lady X-Men team featuring Storm, Psylocke, Jubilee, and friends.
Outbox (books finished)
- Among the Nameless Stars by Diana Peterfreund (Kindle) — This is a novella prequel to For Darkness Shows the Stars, which I read back in November, and tells some of the story from Kai’s perspective. This takes place after he leaves, and explains more of how he ended up where he did. Reading this made me miss these characters and this world. I really enjoyed FDStS. Now I want to read the second book and the other companion novella, even though that one features a different story set in the same world. I think Elliot and Kai make an appearance, but the main cast is new.
Queue (what I’m reading next)
- Half a Yellow Sun is due back to the library, and I need to finish it…
- I had a random and sudden urge to read something slightly dark and with magic this week. Something “witchy.” Luckily, I had the first book in the “the Raven Cycle” series: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Of course, just after I started it I remembered that Half a Yellow Sun was due back to the library soon and I should be reading that instead. So, I put it down, but I plan to get back into it this week.
- I’m also still in the middle of Psylocke and that book of essays on not having kids. And Ms. Marvel is waiting, as well…