Again, not a big reading week for me. I spent most of my free time this week doing NaNo Prep. So, I didn’t get much reading done. But, I think I’m recovering from my reading slump.
Inbox (books acquired)
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Hardcover) — I pre-ordered this months ago, and received it on Tuesday. I decided to buy the hardcover version of this book because the story is told through a collection of emails and other documents and I thought it would be easier to read/enjoy in print. It’s sci-fi (space opera) by an author I like, and I’m intrigued by the format. So, I wanted to dive into it right away. But I didn’t want to take it with me on our team offsite and then camping this weekend. So, I think I’ll pick it up next.
- Dark Harmony: A Vivienne Taylor Horse Lover’s Mystery (Fairmont Riding Academy Book 2) by Michele Scott (Kindle) — Picked up this book because it was on sale for $1.99. I read the first book in this series last year and enjoyed it. It’s basically YA mystery with horses. Recommended for horse lovers who also like a good mystery, especially anyone who, like me, loved The Saddle Club (middle grade) series when they were younger.
- Perfect Harmony: A Vivienne Taylor Horse Lover’s Mystery (Fairmont Riding Academy Book 3) by Michele Scott (Kindle) — Book three in the series. Figured I might as well get it since it was also $1.99.
- Sabriel (The Old Kingdom Book 1) by Garth Nix (Kindle) — I bought this when it was on sale for $1.99 because I keep hearing people refer to this as one of their favorite fantasy novels. The description compares it to Game of Thrones, but also says it’s about necromancers (?). I’m a fan of Game of Thrones, but I’m not usually into “witchy” fantasy. Still, I’ve heard enough people rave about this book that I’m game to give it a try and see if I like it.
Outbox (books finished)
Queue (what I’m reading next)
- I’m almost done with All the Light We Cannot See
- I’d like to finish reading My Brilliant Friend this week…
- But, I also really want to try squeeze in a read of Illuminae before NaNoWriMo starts…
That’s it for this week. Next week is the last week in October. I’ll do a summary post on Sunday. But I’ll probably skip the weekly updates in November since I’ll be frantically noveling in all my spare time…
Hope you are enjoying your fall!