According to #ABookishHoliday, the theme today should be “bookish tree,” but what I really want to post today is my “wish list.” Because why wait until December 23rd to do the “wish list” theme? That’s way too late for that post to be useful to anyone who might be buying me presents… 🙂
So, I’m swapping “Day 15” and “Day 23” on the challenge list. I guess that means you’re going to have to wait for your “bookish tree” post. (Note: This swap may, or may not, also have to do with the fact that I’m completely stumped on what a “bookish tree” is supposed to be… especially since “book and Christmas tree” is separately scheduled for Day 20.)
Here’s a closer look at the books on my wish list:
- Shadowshaper — This is getting so many great reviews, and I will buy almost anything edited by Cheryl Klein.
- The Fifth Season — I haven’t read anything by her yet, but I own the Inheritance Trilogy, and have heard great things. I’ve also heard that this one is even better.
- Tiny Pretty Things — I’m pretty much a sucker for any books featuring bun-heads.
- The “Imperial Radch” books — I still haven’t gotten around to reading these, and my two best book friends love this series. This usually means I will also love them.
- The 2nd and 3rd book in the “Raven Cycle” series — Because I read the first one this year, and the fourth (and final) book comes out next year.
- As If! — Clueless is such a good movie and I’ve heard this behind-the-scenes book is full of excellent info about the cast and the making of the movie.
- A Darker Shade of Magic — After reading (and loving) Vicious this year, V.E. Schwab has basically become one of my “auto-buy” authors. So, naturally, this is on my list.
- The Anatomy of Curiosity — This is a collection of stories (not usually my thing), but it also includes commentary on the creative process behind the stories. I really love Maggie Stiefvater’s writing, and I love behind-the-scenes looks at the #WriterLife.
- Never Never — A Peter Pan re-telling that features Captain Hook as the hero? I’m so there for this.
- Sorcerer and the Crown — Regency-era magic with a diverse cast of characters, and the reviews are all glowing.
- Starwars Aftermath — Um… do I really need to explain this? STAR WARS + Chuck Wendig = must be AWESOME
- Lightless — I heard this has a “Firefly / Serenity” feel to it. Must read.
- Signal to Noise — Mexican teens make mix tapes in the 80s and it’s magic (actually, I think). Plus it comes highly recommended.
- Escape From Baghdad! — I heard of this on a Book Riot podcast and it sounded hilarious.
- Slade House — I loved The Bone Clocks, and this is set in the same world.
If you want more details on these books, check out this shelf I made on Goodreads.
2 thoughts on “#ABookishHoliday Day 23: Wish List (swapped with Day 15)”
I would love to read As If! as well. Clueless is such a classic:)
This list is causing me something related to withdrawal pains? Or maybe it’s just the ache of a long list of books, most of which I am ALSO dying to read. Waaaaaaaant.
Read Ancillary Justice. Read it now.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.