Happy blogiversary to me! I’ve been blogging here for five years… that’s maybe longer than I’ve managed to keep any of my previous blogs going.
In honor of this achievement, I thought I might do one of my favorite things: make a “top five” list!
So, in no particular order, here are my top five books I’ve read so far this year:
- The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2) by N. K. Jemisin — This series keeps getting better and better. The last book just came out in August and is next up on my TBR…
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire — This would make for some very good Halloween reading, and can be read even if you haven’t read the first in the series, yet.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas — You don’t need to take my word for it, this one’s been #1 on the NYT best seller list since it came out in February. Instant classic. They’re making it into a movie.
- Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor — I love the mythology in this book. I love the characters. I love everything about it, except that it had to end. But apparently there’s more coming…
- The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1) by John Scalzi — I didn’t expect to love this one as much as I did, but it’s easily the best sci-fi I’ve read this year. The characters are excellent, and I am now impatiently awaiting the next book.
This was a very hard list to make. So far this year, I’ve given five stars to at least 9 books and 5 other book-like things (two novellas, a trade edition of a comic, a collection of essays/stories, and a book on writing). But these were the ones that I most want to re-read. So, that’s why they made my short list.
Huge thank you to everyone who reads, comments, and likes my posts! The fact that anyone reads my rambling always amazes me and never fails to make me smile. Thank you. You’re awesome.
One thought on “A Top Five for my Five Year Blogiversary”
Congrats on your 5 year blogoversary! That’s so awesome!!! I really need to read THUG and Strange the Dreamer–both look sooo good!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.