Stuck at home and looking for something to read? If you already love my Modern Fae series, or if you’ve been curious about it but haven’t quite gotten around to reading any of my books yet, this post is for you.
Growing up, I got an early introduction to serial storytelling via Days of Our Lives. I was way too young to be watching it, but my mom was a huge fan. Sometimes she let us watch along with her (but we had to close our eyes during the “sexy times”). She’d talk to my sister and I about the various plot threads and speculate on what was going to happen in the story. I think somehow this early exposure planted the idea in my head that someday I wanted to try writing a story in a serial format.
Well, friends, that day has come. I’ve been playing with this story idea for a while now, and I’m making it happen. The first episode is dropping TODAY.
I spent a lot of time (probably too much time) trying to decide how best to distribute these episodes. Since this blog is mostly about what I’m reading, I didn’t want to post episodes here. I also didn’t want to spam my mailing list with weekly episodes in case some might prefer to read the whole thing after it’s complete rather than reading a chapter a week. So, I ultimately decided to have a dedicated mailing list for this story. You can sign up for that here: http://bit.ly/RogueAssassins.
What can you expect if you sign up? Here’s what I’ve got planned:
- One episode per week, for about 20 weeks, total
- A fantasy adventure with some kissing
- A heroine who will do whatever it takes to save her sister from the toxic love of a power hungry man
- An ambitious shapeshifting hero whose future depends on the heroine’s success
- An explanation about what was going on with that pair of gargoyles who made a brief appearance in Eve of the Fae
- Answers about what actually happened to the Faerie Queen Godda when she disappeared
- Much drama! Some characters will die, some will find love, all will be changed forever
- An interactive approach to story-telling (I welcome your comments and feedback on each episode)
This is going to be as much of an adventure for me as it will be for you. I am so excited to try this! I hope you love the first episode and decide to subscribe and join me on this journey.
Oh, also… if you want to grab a copy of the first book in my series, Eve of the Fae is on sale for only $0.99 this weekend. Buy one for yourself, or for a friend, or just help me get the word out. I’d really appreciate it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.